Monday, November 24, 2008

The "canvas": my backyard

Disclaimer: I lived in the apartment from 2002-06, but I never really did much with the place. It was only until my sister moved in that it was transformed into a French Country meets city slicker wonderland. This top photo is an aerial shot taken by my neighbor when I lived there. I had some crap metal furniture with a glass-topped table (later broken by a tree branch. However, the "bones" are there. I feel eternally blessed to have an oasis like this in New York.


My sis brought in an iron daybed for decadent lounging (jury's out, but she may leave it for us and the dogs to enjoy). She also inherited some wooden outdoor furniture that works much better in a garden setting. It will probably need to be replaced, as it hasn't weathered the elements so well. She also got old barrels, an antique wagon and some wooden crates that are transformed into planters.


My husband wants to build a small, heated sunroom back here and I can't wait. I'm imagining coffee, reading, and lounging year-round, looking out at this little bit of paradise.






I like this ladder concept a lot and I think it could work in my garden. I would probably use flowers rather than the industrial letters (this example is actually TOO urban for a New York garden).

No comments: