Monday, November 24, 2008

This morning's obsession: lit outdoor clock

After seeing how cool the lit bar clock looked in this photo from my new favorite Frenchie blog Tongue in Cheek, I started dreaming of something similar for my backyard. I have a brick wall that could benefit from a little styling. I like the weathered "Restaurant" sign and the landscaping elements around the clock, as well as the potted tree. Got me thinking about making a little mini awning out of vines or brush.

Of course, this is NYC, so air conditioning drips or a cigarette butt flicked down by a careless neighbor could make this all a fire hazard. But the lit European clock (this fancy one at left is a two-sided design made by Stokes Clocks in Ireland) is a cool concept. It's a little too uptown/5th Avenue for me, but maybe I can find something like this on eBay.


(Top photo by Corey Amaro)

No comments: